Monday, February 2, 2009

Lab #3

Toma's life without media:
It wasn't impossible, but it was still hard for me to stop myself from touching my laptop. I had the upper hand to not having media since I don't watch TV, but I still read newspaper and play with my laptop a lot. I also became unaware of what has been going on around me, since the media is not there to inform me what is going on around society. Also, I lost a lot of communication from people since I didn't use facebook, which was on my laptop that I couldn't use. My other things that I usually use such as Twitter and Youtube was also inaccessible and made things really hard and complicated.

Jie's life without media:
I didn't suffer as much as Toma, since I don't use a lot of internet and communicate with people online such as Facebook. But I watched news and read newspapers so like Toma, I had no idea what was going on around me. I always want myself updated to things so I think it was really uncomfortable with not having media around.

 media_monkeys.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if there were any positive aspects of limiting your media use?
    I wonder if in the future you might find a balance between no media and your old media habits.
    Thanks for the lab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lab was really good. It's amazing how much it took you to get away from your laptop. This is a good example of why its a bad reason to stay away from technology every now and then. A job well done Toma!!!

    -Dave Naquin

    ReplyDelete